Why Uniting Voices Chicago?
The power of music bridges social divisions, including race, gender and religion. With our voice as our instrument, Uniting Voices Chicago (formerly Chicago Children's Choir) provides a barrier-free space for self-expression and a meaningful opportunity to experience community. Uniting Voices Chicago delivers an unparalleled experience, with high-caliber instruction, confidence-inspiring expectations and incomparable performance opportunities, empowering students to reach their potential as musicians and as people.
Throughout the year, singers have the opportunity to:
- Learn music from an array of genres and cultures—authentic to the style and language of each piece, incorporating movement as much as possible
- More deeply understand how music is created across artistic and social traditions
- Engage in dialogue about the historical and social context of music and its relevance today
- Feel a sense of pride through exceptional performance
- Form friendships that will last a lifetime with other young people in neighborhoods across the city